CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fathers

I have been thinking a lot about Fathers this week and how grateful I am for the men in my life. I first want to start with my husband who is the most wonderful father. I am so lucky to have him as a husband and Ben and Claire are blessed to have him as their dad.

Ben gets so excited when Travis gets home, it is the highlight of his day. Ben is at the stage where he always wants to go with his dad wherever he goes. Some days he wakes up and tells me he wants to go to work with Daddy. Some of his favorite things to do with his daddy are to go to any BYU Basketball, Football or Baseball game especially when Pa Ken, Uncle Rob and Carter go with them. Ben also loves to take Travis to the Farm at Thanksgiving Point where he can show him his skills riding a horse. Probably Bens favorite thing to do is wrestle with his dad or "ride the bull," (Travis is the bull) and before Travis starts bucking Ben yells, "outside" because Pa Ken taught him that's what cowboys say.

It has been so fun to watch Travis with Claire he is so gentle and sweet with his little princess and she just melts her dads heart. I know that it will be very hard for Travis to say to no to Claire someday. I love to see Claire fall asleep in her dads arms. Travis can also get her to laugh harder than anyone. The only thing Claire doesn't like about her dad is his beard when he kisses her. She makes the most disgusted look, but other than that she loves her daddy very much.

I just wanted to say Happy Fathers Day to a wonderful dad. I love you!



















2 comments:

The O'Briens said...

I love the pictures of Travis with Claire on her blessing day and of Travis with Ben in their cowboy hats. You have such a cute little family. I am so happy that you found someone who fits so well with you. I wish I could see you guys more...oh well, maybe someday Boot and Sock will live near each other like we'd always planned. :)

Katie said...

Aw Travis. You're a sweet dad. I wish we could come see all the talented Travis's handy work this summer... Maybe you need to make that your next post-"The house that Trav built." Just a thought...