CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Fun

Ben's favorite new thing is to go with Grandpa and ride Burt the Mule. My dad loves taking Ben to ride Burt and is very cute with him. He taught Ben that Burt is a relative to Donkey. The only Donkey Ben can relate to is on Shrek so when you ask Ben about Burt he says proudly, "Burt the mule who is related to Donkey on Shrek." It's very cute. He doesn't just call him Burt it is always Burt the Mule. Ben regularly asks me if he can go to Spanish Fork and ride Burt the Mule. Usually my dad and Ben just go, but a couple Saturdays ago the whole family went along for the ride.









We went to Afton Wyoming home of Rulon Gardner (Gold Medal Wrestler). I only mention this because there are not many restaurants in Afton but we did enjoy going to Rulons Burger Barn. It was actually really good. Travis' Dad and brother live there and we wanted to go and visit. Travis and Ben went with Pa Don and JD to the local Rodeo. Travis and Jason got to float down the Grays River and catch some big fish. Ben played with his cousins JD and Brinckley and I hung out with my sister-in-law Casey. We had a really good time. It was nice to spend time with Travis' Dad. Here are some pictures of Ben, Travis and Don fishing at a stock pond. Travis really wanted Ben to catch a fish but Ben was not to thrilled with being close to the fish. The first picture is Ben running away when Travis caught a fish. Ben's favorite thing to do was throw fish food into the pond and see all the fish splash around. Every time the fish would start jumping Ben would say, "Oh my gosh." Travis says he spends way to much time with his mother.










We traveled to Rexburg for a very short visit with Megan and Chad. Even though we were there for two days we were able to get in a lot of fun. Travis and Chad went golfing and fishing, we met Chad's family for a lovely dinner and even had time to get in some bowling. Ben was so cute while we were bowling, he loved it. We were teasing Megan because Ben was using a 7 pound ball while Megan used a whopping 8 pound ball. In Megan's defense she ended up beating everyone, much to Travis' dismay. He had a cut on his bowling hand and was not able to perform to the best of his ability. Megan was thrilled nonetheless and had to inform everyone that she talked to! We love Megan and Chad and always have a great time with them.






7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your family is adorable as ever. Sounds like you have had a fun time of road tripping!

Jinnyruth said...

I can't believe how big Benny is. It's been way too long since we've seen you guys. Helaman still calls him Baby Ben. Not such a good fit...

The O'Briens said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Claire looks like she is getting so old and Ben is so cute. I love his "yes" pose while you were bowling. I was so sad that things got so crazy this weekend that I didn't get to see you! We're going to have to come home for more than three days next time so I can actually see everyone I want to!!

The O'Briens said...

I'm bummed that you saw my blog before I called you! I was going to call you and tell you in person. Haha. Oh well, serves me right for posting that so early! I'll try and give you a call today or tomorrow so that we can catch up on everything. It has been forever since we talked last!

Kandis said...

Hey Whit!! Your kids are adorable. Claire is a beautiful baby! I am so sad I didn't get to meet her! It sounds like you guys had a great summer. I esp love the pictures on the Mule!!! How cute is Ben!!! I miss you! I hope everything is going great for you.
Love ya-
Kandis

Whitaker Family said...

Hey Whitney!! It is so good to see you. I haven't seen your little family since your oldest was a baby. Wow that was a while ago. You have the cutest family, and it seems like you are all doing well and happy. I hope that we can keep in touch, and I am going to add you to my list if that's ok. I want to keep up with what is going on in your life. Take care and Whitney you look so great!! Talk to you soon.

Whitaker Family said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I am not at Aveda anymore, but I did start my own little place in Payson. It is at Diva's that is right next to Dalton's. If you have anyone that needs facial treatments, pedicures, anything, let them know. I would love to see you. Thanks for your comment.