CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grandma Barb's Birthday

It was my moms birthday on July 31st. To remember my moms birthday we went to Spanish Fork and had dinner with my dad. We then took flowers to my moms grave. Katie sent the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers and my Grandma Carlin and I bought some flowers also. Ben is really into birthdays these days, so when we told him it was Grandma Barb's birthday he kept singing, "Happy Birthday to Grandma Barb." It was very sweet, he also wondered where the cake was.

These reminders of my mom are sometimes sad, but we all try to reflect on the good things about our mother. She was the most wonderful person I have every met. She was the most compassionate, thoughtful, and generous person. She was also very gracious and was the perfect host. People flocked to her because she had such a wonderful spirit about her. I am thankful for the example she was to me and try each day to try and be the kind of person she would want me to be.





5 comments:

lacy lee said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Barbara! I miss your mom, too. She was an amazing lady and what I want to be like when I grow up!

Annie said...

Oh how much I miss your mom! I honestly can't remember a more wonderful woman and mother and what beautiful and wonderful daughters she raised-especially you. I think of her often and I feel so blessed to have had her as a part of my life. We loved her so much.

The O'Briens said...

Your mom really was such an amazing woman. I can honestly say that when I think of loss, she is the first person who comes to mind. Unfortunately, she was taken a little earlier than anyone could have imagined, but she has left such a wonderful legacy. I can only imagine the joy that she gets looking down on you. Your strength through such a difficult trial is such an example to me, and helps me to know that if I were faced with something similar, I would be able to make it through some how. I am going to be in Spanish on Labor Day. Do you think that you'll be around? I'd LOVE to see you.

Kristi said...

Your mom really was a sweet lady, I'm glad I had the chance to get to know her. You are a lot like her and I'm sure she would be proud of you. I love how you try to do what you think she would have done.

Jolisa said...

Hey Whitney! I just found your blog on the SFHS page and thought I would see what you guys are up to! I am so glad I did. I like to think about your Mom and how wonderful she was and is. Everything you say about her is so true. Tell your Dad "hi" and that he is pretty awesome too!