CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

You Might Be a Redneck

I want you to know that I love my husband very much and appreciate all he does for our family. That being said I don't understand how Travis is willing to wake up at 5:30 a.m. on his day off to go duck hunting. Although he and Rob assure me that it is very fun. Even though once you get there you are walking through the nasty mud on the shores of Utah Lake. Which is why they spent all that money at Cabelas getting the gear (waders, boots, etc.) necessary for such an adventure. Not to mention all of the decoys, duck callers and of course guns and ammunition. Then you stand in the mud waiting for the ducks to land and I guess that's when the fun begins. Well this hunting trip they were quite successful. They shot four ducks and were very proud. Here are some pictures of the proud hunters. After these pictures were taken they proceeded to pluck the feathers off the ducks and cut them open to take out the meat. Needless to say I was completely disgusted and stayed as far away as possible.







3 comments:

Annie said...

Nice. I'm surprised you didn't want to go out there in the mud with them. So how do you plan on cooking up that duck? Did Barb have any good duck recipes?

Katie said...

Those poor ducks. They're just waddling along one day and then all of the sudden......BANG!! Dead as a door nail.

Glad to see that if the world ends you would still be able to find food. Jeff could contribute so we'll plan on moving in with you should that happen any time soon.

Auger Family said...

Funny what men will do for killing animals. :) Now my husband doesn't hunt but he fishes and he gets up pretty early to do that too! Yet I plan a temple trip for early morning and he sleeps right through that! :)